VA / Federal / Medical – Architect / Project Manager
Architect / Project Manager
We are currently looking for an Architect with VA, Federal and Medical experience to join our team. As an Architect and Project Manager, you and the Principal Architect are responsible for project financial performance and team communication. Capable of managing multiple projects during all phases of a design until completion and direct employees and consultants at all levels to ensure that proper steps and procedures are taken and the work is completed as planned, budgeted, scheduled and in conformance with the owner group and the design intent. He or She will be responsible for leading the project team with the clear goal of providing the highest possible quality of service and client satisfaction along with quality architecture. The Architect / Project Manager should be able to maintain and monitor project profitability and schedule adherence, coordinate and manage project communications, contracts, budgets and schedules.
- Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with the Project Leadership Team.
- Participates on and/or leads multiple projects as project Architect or Project Manager.
- Assists senior management in developing and validating project scope and fee, budget, and scope of services during the marketing and contract development process.
- Assists in preparing project presentations. May participate and/or lead client presentations.
- Assists senior management in the preparation and execution of consultant contracts.
- Assists with negotiating fees and contracts.
- Ensures that budgets have been developed to provide for Quality Management Program through the life of the Project.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Works with the rest of the office to avoid or eliminate conflicts in schedule due to the changes in various projects.
- Plans, organizes and manages multiple projects. Provides on-going communication through team meetings/minutes/up-dated memos to project team, consultants and owner.
- Communicates with consultants, contractors, sub-consultants and other disciplines to ensure effective communication.
- Monitors construction administration during the construction phase
- Responsible for maintaining client relationships throughout project. Keeps client apprised of project progress on regular basis. Initiates and maintains contact with other key project individuals for clarification, coordination and negotiation of critical issues.
- Consults with client to determine function and spatial requirements and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time. Plans layouts of projects and integrates engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval.
- Participates in developing annual business plan for the business unit.
- Identifies new business opportunities while developing current client relationships. Listens for and seek out new projects which may exist or are being formulated.
- Participates in selected marketing and business development opportunities.
- Assists in development of fee proposals for marketing proposals.
- Provides leadership including professional development coaching and mentoring staff.
- Defines staff requirements for projects as needed or directed. Makes recommendations to senior management for staff promotions/terminations for project team and Architecture discipline. May participate in interviews and recruiting of professional staff.
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems.
- Thorough understanding of project work plans, schedules, staffing, and budgets.
- Thorough knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Possess strong hand and advanced CAD drafting skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit required.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or equivalent in education or experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in architectural practice with management experience in all phases of projects through post-occupancy.
- Registration as an Architect in a US state and/or jurisdiction recognized by NCARB preferred.
- LEED accreditation or credential required within 12 months of employment
- Pay attention to detail
- Ability to stay calm under pressure, Methodical and thorough approach to work
- Organized and Good at juggling tasks and prioritizing
- A great team player and a desire to show initiative
SGA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
SGA values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country and we support the hiring of returning Service Members and military spouses.
Full-Time/Regular/Salaried – Comparable salary depending upon experience. Position may require some travel. Please respond with salary desired. We will interview until we fill the position. Please email resume and contact information to Todd Stone at email@example.com
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
SGA is an architectural firm that specializes in meeting their client’s needs, forming relationships and working collaboratively. SGA has a strong desire to advance into working alongside the Department of Veterans Affairs Facilities sector and capitalize on our Small Business Service Disabled Veteran owned company status to better serve our Veterans. SGA professionals work side by side with some of the leading experts in health care, retail, office, education planning and design on projects that bring meaningful change.
Todd Stone, AIA – Principal Architect
319 North Main Avenue, Suite 2
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Business – 605-271-1144
Cell – 605-310-0318